MPA: Modular Plenum Array
COOK's MPA - Modular Plenum Array - is a direct drive plenum fan configurable from stand-alone to parallel arrays of 2 to 20 fans.
- The MPA is built with a galvanized steel frame, base and assembled with high strength fasteners.
- Reliable performance without resonant conditions throughout the operating range.
- The aluminum airfoil wheel is offered in 9-blade or 12-blade configurations with wheel widths of 80%, 100%, and 120%.
- Arrays provide redundancy and even airflow to provide improved overall performance.
- MPA is available in 9 direct drive sizes.
- Impeller Size: 10 - 24.5 in
- Flow: 500 - 300,000 CFM
- SP: 0 - 12 in
Description: Fan shall be a single width, single inlet backward inclined centrifugal airfoil, direct driven modular plenum array as specified.
Construction: The fan shall be of bolted and welded construction utilizing corrosion resistant fasteners. The inlet panel shall be constructed from heavy gauge reinforced steel with an integral rectangular formed duct connection. Integral lifting points shall be standard. Unit shall bear an engraved aluminum nameplate. Nameplate shall indicate design CFM, static pressure and maximum fan RPM.
Wheel: Wheel shall be aluminum, non-overloading, centrifugal backward inclined, high efficiency, airfoil type. Blades on all sizes shall be continuously welded to the back plate and inlet shroud. All sizes shall be attached to the motor shaft using a taper lock bushing. Wheel shall overlap an aerodynamic aluminum inlet cone to provide maximum performance and efficiency. Wheels will have 9 blades to emphasize greater importance on efficiency and 12 blades to emphasize the need for better sound quality. Wheel shall be balanced in accordance with AMCA Standard 204-05, Balance Quality and Vibration Levels for Fans.
Motor: Motor shall be NEMA design B with class B insulation rated for continuous duty and furnished at the specified voltage, phase and enclosure.
Product: Fan shall be model MPA as provided by Loren Cook Company of Springfield, Missouri.