New features and functions in Compute-A-Fan v9.7
New and Updated Products
QMX lab fans reconfigured with fabricated aluminum nozzles. Greatly expands the QMX Vari-Plume offering and allows fine-tuning fan selection to the needs of the installation
- 162 potential fan/nozzle combinations
- Better horsepower performance
- Less expensive custom color option
- Higher temperature options – Aluminum options up to 300F.
Vari-Flow Pressure Control
Compact, economical, easy-to-use pressure control compatible with all Vari-Flow EC Motors
- Maintains differential pressure across high and low ports
- Configurable to monitor and control duct static, room static, space differential, and duct velocity pressure
- Easy-to-install and simple setup through pushbutton menu selection
- Three pressure ranges – 0-1”, 0-2” and 0-5” wg
- 4.25” x 3.25” x 2.125”
- NEMA 1 Enclosure
2800 Max RPM EC Motors
Extending the selection options of the Vari-Flow EC motors
Updated Autodesk® Revit® Models and Add-In
- Available up to 1 HP
- Same voltage/phase availability, functionality and ease-of-control as the Vari-Flow offering
- Same functionality
- Same ease-of control as the Vari-Flow offering
- This update includes new version 2016 models and add-in program. Version 2015 files are still present and you can choose your version at the time of exporting.
Revit models for each fan that has been saved to a Compute-A-Fan job file can be exported by selecting the "Print/Export" menu and clicking "Export Revit Schedule From Job". This feature will export each model of fan that is contained in the job to a .ZIP file in the location of your choice. A database of schedule information (CFM, SP, RPM, Volts, Amps, etc) is also included for use with the Revit add-in described below.
FanDrafter also includes a Revit add-in that simplifies the placement and customization of the Cook models in your projects. This add-in links to the schedule information that is exported from Compute-A-Fan and automatically populates an extensive list of up to 70 parameters such as airflow, static pressure, fan RPM, horsepower, voltage, phase, etc when models are placed. The add-in even includes a customization module that allows you to match Cook parameter names to your company's standard parameters ensuring uniform equipment schedules. Once installed, detailed instructions on the operation of the add-in can be accessed by clicking the "?" icon in the upper-right corner of the add-in screen in Revit.You may also download the instructions. The add-in is compatible with Autodesk Revit MEP 2010 or later.
To install the add-in, you may check the box titled "Include Revit Add-in Setup Files" when exporting the Revit models. This option will include the installation program in the .ZIP file along with .rfa files and the schedule database. Simply extract the files from the .ZIP and double-click the file "LorenCookRevitApp2015.exe" to install the add-in.
Note: Compute-A-Fan includes Revit Add-in.
Revit Fan Drafter Instructions
Autodesk® Revit MEP® 2016
Autodesk Revit families are available for every model and configuration of LOREN COOK product. Each 3D parametric family is a full-scale representation with information on ducts, electrical connections, mounting holes and more. A revit add-in is included to automate the insertion of families.
Browse our online library of individual Revit files
FanDrafter® 2D v3.0
FanDrafter 2D is a collection of CAD drawing files (templates) of every LOREN COOK COMPANY product, drawn to scale in every size. Each drawing includes multiple views drawn full scale for a particular size. FanDrafter is compatible with AutoCAD Release 2000® and later, and all other programs that can import AutoCAD R2000 DWG format files.
Download the FanDrafter 2D as part of the Compute-A-Fan package or as a stand-alone software
View the FanDrafter ReadMe file
COOK's Psychrometric Analysis software tool allows the user to electronically generate and print a custom, detailed, psychrometric chart. This program allows the user to enter state points and graph the process while calculating additional air properties.
Compute-A-Fan includes a basic Psychrometric calculator
Download Psychrometric Analysis Software to experience a more full-featured software
A printable psychrometric chart (in .pdf format) is also available for download.
It is available in pdf form
Smartphones and tablets have become the new toolboxes. Make sure you have the right tools in your toolbox.
CookTools is a new app providing a suite of simple-yet-powerful tools for the HVAC engineer, designer and contractor.
Included in CookTools:
- Fan Law Calculator – Calculate new system operating conditions quickly and accurately with just a few pieces of data.
- Sound Calculator – Calculates sound power, sound pressure and Noise Criteria from input of octave band sound data.
- Duct Designer – Quickly calculate rectangular and round duct sizes that meet your system needs
- Area Calculator – Computes section properties of round and rectangular shapes sections.
From the main menu you also have access to all the Loren Cook Company social media channels and the mobile website.
The Engineering Cookbook is a convenient reference guide for mechanical designers.
It provides access to frequently needed information, including:
- Fan Basics
- System Design
- Duct Design
- Motors & Drives
- Heating & Refrigeration
- Formulas & Conversion Factors
This free guide is available in printed form from your local COOK representative or download the pdf.
Android & iPhone Applications
Engineering Cookbook is available as a free app on Google Play &
Apple App Store
Android app of Engineering Cookbook has been updated. Version 1.1 now has the ability to save to an SD card, if available.