CookSelect - Fan Selection & Scheduling Software
Filter, select, and schedule your fan selections faster and easier with CookSelect selection software. Complete with powerful job management, lightning-fast search, and a full array of Cook fan configurations to select what you need.
Revit models for each fan that have been saved to a Compute-A-Fan job file can be exported by selecting the "Export" menu and clicking "Export Revit Files and Schedule". This feature will export each model of fan that is contained in the job to a .zip file in the location of your choice. A text file of schedule information (CFM, SP, RPM, Volts, Amps, etc) is also included for use with Revit. Export the contents of the .zip file to your computer, leaving the .rfa and .txt files together. Now you are ready to load the .rfa model(s) into your open Revit project, using the standard "Load Family" feature.
Autodesk® Revit MEP®
Autodesk Revit families are available for each model and configuration of LOREN COOK product. Each 3D parametric family is a full-scale representation with information on ducts, electrical connections, mounting holes and more.
Browse our online library of individual Revit files
Apps for Smartphones & Tablets
CookTools is a new app providing a suite of simple-yet-powerful tools for the HVAC engineer, designer and contractor.
Included in CookTools:
- Fan Law Calculator – Calculate new system operating conditions quickly and accurately with just a few pieces of data.
- Sound Calculator – Calculates sound power, sound pressure and Noise Criteria from input of octave band sound data.
- Duct Designer – Quickly calculate rectangular and round duct sizes that meet your system needs
- Area Calculator – Computes section properties of round and rectangular shapes sections.
- Unit Conversion – Quickly calculates the most common conversions.
- Psychrometric Calculator – Computes pressure, temperature, dew point, humidity, and more.
From the main menu you also have access to all the Loren Cook Company social media channels and the mobile website.
The Engineering Cookbook is a convenient reference guide for mechanical designers.
It provides access to frequently needed information, including:
- Fan Basics
- System Design
- Duct Design
- Motors & Drives
- Heating & Refrigeration
- Formulas & Conversion Factors
This free guide is available in printed form from your local COOK representative.
Android & iPhone Applications
Android app of Engineering Cookbook has been updated. Version 1.1 now has the ability to save to an SD card, if available.
This legacy fan selection program is in the process of being replaced by CookSelect.
Compute-a-Fan requires a download and regular updates. This program will be phased out by the end of 2023.