Loren Cook Company is seeking a Purchasing Agent which will be responsible for procuring a variety of commodities to support the manufacturing of air-moving equipment. Responsibilities include managing supplier performance and quality, supplier selection and negotiating pricing. The Purchasing Agent will also track inventory levels, issue purchase orders, and monitor delivery. Candidate will be working independently as well as in a collaborate environment across all Loren Cook Company departments.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Engineering, or equivalent purchasing experience
- Proficient in computer applications
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- 2-3 years of purchasing experience
- General knowledge of commodities such as electric motors, sheaves, bushings, bearings, steel, aluminum, and electrical components is desirable.
- Technical experience or background